About the Department
The Department of Pharmaceutics is a place where commitment to excellence in academia, research and development is demonstrated through productivity and success of our faculty and students in the era of Pharmaceutical Technology. The Department of Pharmaceutics, established in 2010 . The department is equipped with the state of art laboratories, ultra-modern facilities and competitive staff which have been considered as most sophisticated infrastructure . The department equipped to Cadmach 16 station tablet punching machine , UV spectrophotometer, HPLC, Dissolution Apparatus, Disintegration test apparatus ,Brookfield viscometer etc. The library is well stocked Text books, Reference books & Research e- journals. The department also offers NDDS project for B.Pharm students seeking degree course .
We mainly focusing on expanding the scientific avenues for improving the delivery of drugs , development of new excipients & therapeutic agents. We offer a competitive environment that includes latest formulation laboratory instrumentation and technologies supervised by experienced teachers and dedicated staff. The focused research areas of the department are:
- Preformulation studies,
- Development of different pharmaceutical dosage forms including Conventional, Novel & Nanotechnology based drug delivery systems using natural, synthetic & semi-synthetic polymers.
- Evaluation of dosage forms with respect to various in vitro and in vivo parameters.
- Studying the Biopharmaceutical and Pharmacokinetic aspects of the drug as well as its dosage forms and modification in formulation to change the dosage form with Biopharmaceutical factors.
- Design & Development of Metalloantibiotics in the form of Nanoemulsion.
- Various experimental activities is also carried out on animals to evaluate the therapeutic effect of formulations .
The department is also contributed in publication of Research & Review articles in reputed journals every year. Many Pharmaceutical industries located in Pharma city Selaqui ,Dehradun & Baddi (H.P.) conduct regularly on pool campus for placement of students every year . As a result, number of students placed in prestigious pharmaceutical companies in the field of R& D,F&D, Production ,Q.A. Q.C and Marketing .
- Pharm from any PCI & AICTE recognised institute.
- As per the UTU norms.
- The admission to 85% of the total seats would be based on the entrance exam conducted by UTU. 15% Management admissions are done directly by the institute by conducting institute level counseling on the combined merit based on the aggregate marks of B.PHARM. WEIGHTAGE WILL BE GIVEN TO THE CANDIDATES HAVING GPAT SCORE.
Mode of Payment
- Fees shall be accepted in the form of demand draft (DD) / cheques /or online transaction only. Demand Draft/ Cheques/ Pay Order in favor of “GRD IMT B.PHARM” payable at Dehradun, which can be deposited at the ACCOUNT itself.
Further Fees can be transfered to our SBI Account.
- Account Name:GRD IMT B.PHARM
- Account Number:31261477554
- Bank Name: State bank of India, Jakhan,Dehradun
- IFSC Code: SBIN006155
- Scholarships from AICTE, New Delhi for those who qualified in GPAT examination.
- 100% Scholarship for ST/SC students. All tuition fees wavier scheme is applicable as per UTU norms.
- The institution is suitably rewarding for the college toppers.